I am 40! I know what you're thinking..."Big freakin' deal!" Yeah, I know, so what?! But it ocurred to me that when I jumped from my dear old 30's to this new decade of numbers, I wasn't as prepared as I thought.
The simple life in West Virginia has given me the opportunity to reflect on who I am and what I want out of life. I've been blessed with a wonderful husband, two beautiful children, and a great job. But...with that said...there are definitely some pitfalls to this "Blessed Life".
First of all, I'm a Social Worker, so you know I make NOTHING for A TON OF WORK!!! Then, my husband and I have hit that wall where romance seems to be non-existent. Don't get me wrong, I love him...but sometimes...ugh...I'm just soooo tired!!! Finally, my lovely children. I have a daughter on the verge of puberty (releasing a big sigh) and a son who, well...he's my Bub and I'll get to him later. I'm also in graduate school for Psychology of Child Development and Adolescent Behavior.
Wow...is this my life??? Really? I'm asking!
It's no secret, I love to talk. (It's been a thing for me since my first grade teacher sent home report cards stating how I "talked too much"...whatever!) I also love to give advice to those who ask it of me. But, now that I've hit 40, my life somehow seems overwhelming. There's so much to think about. Let's put aside my regular stuff...now I've got mammograms, bone density tests, blood work, etc.!!! It's bad enough I have to hurdle the hump of leaving my young years behind...but to add my impending mortality to it??? How do women do it??
I started this blog because one of my professors told me to. Apparently I keep people reading. I figured...why not? Will anyone read it? Who knows! But, I do know that I have questions, stories, advice, and thoughts that I want to share with others.
I read this...and it made me log in to comment. Just sayin...
ReplyDelete